Sunday, April 22, 2012

Farmers Market

So this Saturday was my turn at the Farmers Market. We are four artists who have a table with our artwork for sale at the market. Not the big fancy canvas but small art work and sometimes more decorative. Should i be feeling that I have "betrayed" fine arts as it is "supposed" to be by sitting in this market? I don't think so... I enjoy seeing people and one of the things I do more of than making "finished" fine art is just sketching. It's a great way to stop, pause and check out life as it tries to zoom past us. Doesn't matter what kind of art work you do, it takes just a moment, pause, see and sketch, you are recording a precious moment of your life ... You might have other wise missed!
There was a young lady at the table next to mine. Young and very confident. She was selling veggie pot pies and I think she sold them all, and I kept think of my own daughter as I watched the way this young lady communicated - so vibrantly with the young as well as old. I wonder how my daughter would do if she had to run her own business?

No comments:

Post a Comment